Before choosing to install the Learn IDE from Atom, you should first try downloading the Learn IDE from here and, as needed, following troubleshooting steps here. If you have already tried these steps, then the next best option is to take the following steps to manually install the Learn IDE from Atom: *
- Make sure the Learn IDE is completely uninstalled from your computer.
- Download and install the Atom text editor: https://atom.io/
- Once Atom is installed, navigate to Settings & Preferences, click on the "Packages" tab, search for
tree-view, and disable it (the
learn-idewill replace this package with one of its own dependencies).
- Then navigate to the "Install" section of Settings & Preferences and search for a package called
learn-ide, which you should install and enable.
- After the installation is complete, you should immediately get a notification about an available update—click "Install Update & Restart Editor". This will install the Learn IDE's dependencies, and may take a minute or two. If you don't get the notification, you can trigger it with the following menu path:
Packages > Learn IDE > Check for Update.
- After the installation is complete, Atom will restart itself and you are ready to go!
*Note: If you manually install the Learn IDE from Atom, the Open button on Learn will not be connected to the Learn IDE. You can still open labs by using the learn open command in the Learn IDE. You can get instructions on how to do that here.