Before choosing to install the Learn IDE from Atom, you should first try downloading the Learn IDE from here and, as needed, following troubleshooting steps here. If you have already tried these steps, then the next best option is to take the following steps to manually install the Learn IDE from Atom: *
- Make sure the Learn IDE is completely uninstalled from your computer.
- Download and install the Atom text editor: https://atom.io/.
- Use Atom's package manager to install the
learn-ide-3package. Once the package is installed, restart Atom and you should receive an update notification from the Learn IDE 3 package. This is in order for the package to install its dependencies.
- Click to install updates and restart the editor.
- Log in, and you are ready to go!
*Note: If you manually install the Learn IDE from Atom, the Open button on Learn will not be connected to the Learn IDE. You can still open labs by using the learn open command in the Learn IDE. You can get instructions on how to do that here.