These are the steps you need to take if you would like to change you GitHub username, but keep your GitHub account:
- Go to GitHub and change username
- Log out of Learn and then log back in via GitHub.
- Log out of the Learn IDE and then log back in.
- If you are currently working on any repositories, you will have to update the remote URL for those repos to be able to contact GitHub.
- If you are hosting a blog from your GitHub, you will have to update the repository name of your blog to reflect your username change. In order to do this, go to GitHub and find the repository for your blog `old_github_name.github.io` and change it to `new_github_name.github.io` (skip this step if you don't have a github.io repository before changing your GitHub username).
- If you created your account before July 27, 2015 and you are using the IDE please contact support after taking steps 1-5 as we will need to provision your IDE with the new username.