In the traditional concept of Karma, good deeds contribute to an individual's good karma, which in turn leads to the individual's future happiness.
Learn has its own version of Karma, where individuals that make positive contributions to the Learn community are awarded Karma points. You should strive to contribute something meaningful to each community activity you participate in on Learn.
The following are ways in which you can earn Karma points:
1. Contribute to a question asked on Learn through the Ask a Question feature. You receive the karma after the question has been resolved.
2. Create a study group. You receive the karma after the study group session ends.
3. Attend a study group. You receive the karma after the study group session ends.
4. Contribute to Learn's open source curriculum by using the Lesson Editor feature. You receive karma for suggesting an edit, as well as additional karma if your edit is accepted.
5. Accept a pair programming opportunity with another student (note: this feature is currently rolled out to a small number of users for beta-testing, and you can learn more about it here). You receive karma after your pairing session is complete.