When starting out in Learn, you'll reach a lesson to link your Github account. When you try and do this, you may get an error message saying that this account is already associated with Learn.
This is happening because you had previously linked your GitHub account with us using a different email. Here is how to fix this:
- Log out of Learn. You can do this in the top right hand corner of Learn, click on the profile icon and select Log Out.
- Got to https://learn.co and login with your github account.
To use the Learn account currently associated with your GitHub account
- Go to your Account Management page (click on your icon at the top right and select the "Manage Account" option). Here, you can find the email address you previously used to sign up with Learn.
- If you're not on the same track as you were previously:
- copy down the email associated with this Learn account
- go to www.flatironschool.com
- re-sign up for the course you are interested in
This will add the desired track to your GitHub-Associated Learn account (see example, here and below)
If you would like to use a Learn account that is not already associated with GitHub
- Go to your Account Management page (click on your icon at the top right and select the "Manage Account" option).
- Go to "Connected Apps" and select "GitHub." Once there, click "Disconnect" to disassociate your GitHub account from that Learn account.
- Now login to the Learn account that you want to use and follow the prompts to connect Learn to GitHub.