You may be referred to this article from our support team so that you can retrieve a set of information that we can use to help trouble shoot IDE issues:
- How often do you notice the Learn IDE disconnecting? Once a day? Once a week? 3 times and hour?
- How stable is your internet connection? We can test this by:
Getting a host IP by typing
echo $HOST_IPinto your Learn IDE terminal (if you cannot get into your IDE terminal, just use
Mac/Linux: Open the Terminal app. Run
ping ip-address-from-above -c 25
- or - Windows: Search for
cmdand open the Command Prompt. Then run
ping ip-address-from-above -n 25
In both cases, we're looking for information that looks like this:
25 packets transmitted, 25 packets received, 0.0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 4.594/5.841/8.792/0.975 ms
- Go to speedtest.net and run a speed test. We are looking for the ping, download speeds, and upload speeds.
- What city are you in and what is the nearest city? If you are not in the US, what country are you in and what is the nearest city?
- Open the Learn IDE and run
echo $HOST_IPin the terminal and let us know what it returns.
Providing this information to our support team will greatly help us resolve Learn IDE issues.